Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chapter 7: Teaching Difficult Academic Material

Chapter 7 was a good chapter for me to read because breaking down material that is difficult to students will be a challenge to new teachers. It is going to be hard to overcome the fact that people do not always understand what is going through my head. I will need to practice what I am saying and how I am saying it in order to make it as easy to understand as possible. "Try different ways to approach things" (125) this is exactly what I am talking about, using different techniques and seeing what works the best. I might think that I am explaining it greatly and then the test scores come back and everyone has failed, I will conclude that I failed at teaching the material and go about it a different way so that the students will be able to understand better. While at Mt. Blue I was asked to make a test over Africa, I did as I was told and the test was given. After talking with Beth she told me new and fun things to do before taking the test like looking up youtube videos from Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment