Friday, March 11, 2011

Maine Memory Network

The "Maine Memory Network" was a great resource that we can all use. Being a social studies major this will come in handy many, many times. I went on and looked at Hermon, my home town, to see what our history was like and it was amazing! Things have changed so much and I can not believe how many fires we had in the early 1900's!! I could use this in the classroom all the time, we could have the students compare and contrast the differences and make maps showing how things have changed or put on a skit after researching the history of the town and acting out the differences. I saw these examples from other school examples and so not only is this helpful in information but it is a useful tool to be able to think of fun lesson plans for the students in Maine!

No comments:

Post a Comment